Monday 17 February 2014

From Script to Screen - Rough Character Design: Villain Ugly Form

When creating this character, as well as including what I mentioned in my influence map I also decided to not give her any gums, originally I gave her sharp teeth, as this appears scary and villainous but then I thought if she had sharp teeth, why would she need to use the food blender for her potions, when she could just eat the butterflies and fairies, so I removed her teeth for this reason. I also believe that removing teeth also emphasizes her aging body and skin, as the elderly are usually the ones people see that need to have false teeth. I also made her character look very distressed in this image as she is angry and disgusted with her physical appearance.
Colour very soon to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment